[kepler-dev] Paramter - Selected Entity in eml actor

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Mar 30 11:51:23 PST 2006

Matt:

Last week we discussed about the parameter - Selected Entity in eml actor.
We thought it was duplicated to SQL parameter in the eml actor. This is
right if output type is "As Field" or "As Row". We can use sql command to
decide which column, entity we want to handle. But if output type is "As
Table", "As Cache File Name" and "As Byte Array", which is based on entire entity
rather than columns, I think selected entity is more proper thank sql
command ( even sql comand "select * from entityName" can be considered as
a entire entity).

Here is current rules about SQL parameter and Selected Entity:
If SQL parameter is empty, Selected Enity will be applied to every output
type. If SQL parameter is not empty, Seleced Entity only be appied to "As
Table", "As Cache File Name" and "As Byte Array".

Any comments and suggestion.

Thanks,

Jing

Jing Tao