[kepler-dev] Reg. IF_THEN_ELSE loop

Sivagowri Swaminathan sivagowri at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 27 21:48:58 PST 2006

Hi Edward and Dan

Thanks for your suggestions. Using Edwards suggestion, I used a boolean
switch [boolean mux also worked] to direct the tokens onto two different
paths.
This is my construction:
1. I used a ramp for incrementing from 1 .
2. A constant value = 3 was compared to the ramp value using boolean equals
actor.
3. The output from the equals actor was directed to a boolean mux, which had
2 string constants
'true output' and 'false output' as inputs to the mux.
4. The output of the mux is connected to a text display.

5. as per Dan's suggestion, I used a PN director. [Initially I used a sdf
director.]

since 1 != 3, the output of mux showed 'false output' on the display and it
stopped.
But the ramp was not incremented at all. I expected a series of false,
false, true, false ... in the display but I received only one output.

If I used an SDF director set to 20 iterations, I get the first output only.
If I used a PN director, I get an error message stating that the queue size
exceeded the maximum limit.

questions

1. I want the output as when the ramp gets incremented, what director I
should use?
2. How do I get documentation for the actors? the right-click, get
Documentation doesn't work and errors out saying I need to get the document
component. Where to get this component from?

alternatively, I used 'openActor' to see the source code and inferred what
the actor tries to do. It helped me a lot to understand the actor.

Thanx
Siva