[kepler-dev] Kepler Documentation system

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Mar 21 09:59:35 PST 2006

Hi All,

    I have been working with the current documentation system in Kepler
as originally implemented by Edward and extended by Christopher and
Nandita. I think the doclet works pretty well at pulling information
about ports, parameters, and actors from the source code and creating an
easily readable html-based display in Kepler. This can be customized
with the custom information stored in the MOML for a workflow.
    One issue that I find is that the custom documentation completely
replaces the doclet/source based documentation. Thus, if you add just
one custom field, all the source-based documentation disappears. I think
it might be better if the two source were somehow 'merged' so that field
where custom data is missing show the source data (and we might want
some additional fields in the custom documentation editor).
    Any other thoughts on this?

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195