[kepler-dev] Kepler Workflow Documentation & Documentation Conference Call

Nandita Mangal nmangal at sdsc.edu
Tue Mar 7 11:56:19 PST 2006

hi all,

Firstly would Thursday, 11am-12:00 noon be a good time for everyone to
attend the Documentation Conference Call?
In the conference call, I plan to discuss the current documentation
framework for actors which follows the Ptolemy's Documentation Structure,
 as well as get input on  how to do workflow documentation.

On the topic of workflow documentation, there are certain basic issues
that need to be decided upon:

1) Where should we store documentation for a workflow ?
     --> In the workflow's moml file itself ?
     --> On the canvas of the workflow ?
    -->  Others?

2) What content / format of documentation do we require for a workflow?
     ---> Worfklow Description
     --> Workflow Author
    -->  Version
    -->  External Software Packages/External Requirements for
functioning of workflow?
    ---> Others?
    Zhijie has a full description of the proposed format in kepler-dev
posts:

http://mercury.nceas.ucsb.edu/ecoinformatics/pipermail/kepler-dev/2006-February/003337.html

thanks,
nandita.