[kepler-dev] Kepler startup problem (Welcome screen?)

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Mar 7 09:19:42 PST 2006

Hi Dan,

BTW - Perhaps one issue is that I modified
ptII/ptolemy/vergil/VergilApplication so that it checks to see if
_applicationBlankPtolemyEffigyAtStartup is present, and if it is and
is true, then a blank Graph Editor is created when Vergil is invoked
with no arguments.  So, the default is now that we don't pop up
a blank Graph Editor, but applications like Kepler can do so if they
want to.

ptII/ptolemy/configs/defaultFullConfiguration.xml
contains:
  <!-- Do not create a blank Graph Editor at start time. -->
  <!--  Used in VergilApplication.java-->
  <property name="_applicationBlankPtolemyEffigyAtStartup"
            class="ptolemy.data.expr.Parameter"
            value="false"/>

Which means vergil won't pop up a blank Graph Editor.

Since Kepler has a copy of VergilApplication, this should not affect
Kepler, but ya never know.

The fix would be to edit Kepler's configuration.xml and add:
  <!-- Do not create a blank Graph Editor at start time. -->
  <!--  Used in VergilApplication.java-->
  <property name="_applicationBlankPtolemyEffigyAtStartup"
            class="ptolemy.data.expr.Parameter"
            value="true"/>

_Christopher
--------

    Hi Nandita,
        This morning, with new checkouts of PTII and Kepler, I get a blank
    Kepler screen on startup. I suspect that it is some bug with the Startup
    Screen changes you made (since those were the only changes I saw). Can
    you confirm the problem and get it fixed?

    Dan

    Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
    http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
    National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Scienc
   e Building - Room 3405
    Santa Barbara, CA 93195