[kepler-dev] Nondeterministic merge in PN domain

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Wed Jul 19 18:39:22 PDT 2006

I think we can even distinguish a whole bunch of different failures (a
failure ontology is needed! :)

E.g. we migh havefailures/exceptions:
- at the Java level
- when invoking a remote (non-responsive) service
- when a service tells us "does not compute"
etc.

different techniques (retry, fail-over, tag-and-forget, etc.) will
probably be useful for different types of errors and different
application scenarios ..

Bertram