[kepler-dev] Nondeterministic merge in PN domain

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Tue Jul 18 17:25:50 PDT 2006

Hi Mladen

I'm assuming you are talking about runtime model exceptions as opposed
to compile time Java exceptions like the exceptions in ptolemy.kernel.util.

See
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal/src/ptII/doc/codeDoc/ptolemy/actor/lib/ThrowModelError.html
$PTII/ptolemy/domains/sdf/lib/test/auto/VariableFIR2.xml
uses this actor.

$PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/test/auto/ThrowModelError.xml also uses it.

The HSIF Thermostat model uses it as well.  However, Hyvisual is not
working for me right now

The question is, if we call fire this actor, how do we handle the
Model Error?

_Christopher

--------

    Hi everyone,

    Do we, somewhere on the Kepler/Ptolemy websites, or in one of our papers,
    have a relatively comprehensive description of current exception handling
    capabilites of Kepler
    (e.g.,  somewhat more elaborate and perhaps up to date than is given in)

    http://www.gridbus.org/~raj/papers/workflow-sigmod05.pdf

    ?

    Thanks

    Mladen