[kepler-dev] Nondeterministic merge in PN domain

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Jul 15 10:06:53 PDT 2006

BooleanSelect reads from one of two input ports depending
on the value of the control input token.  Thus, it is not
an SDF actor, since the number of tokens it consumes on each
input port is not fixed.

The Case actor is a composite actor.  If what you want is a
simple if-then-else, then the Case actor can do this and still
be SDF.  The way it works is that it has two refinements instead
of the usual one for a composite actor (actually, it can have any
number), and it simply invokes one or the other depending on
the control token.  If both refinements are SDF, then the overall
model is still SDF.

Edward