[kepler-dev] cvs checkout (update) problem

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Fri Jul 14 12:24:13 PDT 2006

I'm using tortoise and now repeatedly get CVS failures.
In the trace below, you see that I am asked to remove some files.
If I do that, the next cvs update will work OK.
However, if I do another cvs update right after, I will get the cvs
error again.

Any ideas what's happening?
thanks!

BErtram

    In C:\ny\kepler: "C:\Program Files\TortoiseCVS\cvs.exe" "-q" "update" "-d" "-P" "."
    CVSROOT=:ext:ludaesch at cvs.ecoinformatics.org:/cvs

    ? README.tortoise.removed
    ? build
    ? build-ptolemy.xml.tortoise.removed
    ? build.xml.tortoise.removed
    ? copyright.txt.tortoise.removed
    ? hsql-license.txt.tortoise.removed
    ? kepler.bat.tortoise.removed
    ? kepler.sh.tortoise.removed
    ? keplerLog4J.log
    ? runVergil.bat
    ? start.html.tortoise.removed
    ? version-tests.tortoise.removed
    ? version.tortoise.removed
    ? src/edu
    M configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/geon_logo2.jpg
    M configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/kepler-logo2.png
    M configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/roadnet-icon.jpg
    M configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/seeklogo.png
    cvs update: move away src/edu/sdsc/nbcr/opal/MastOpalInput.java; it is in the way
    C src/edu/sdsc/nbcr/opal/MastOpalInput.java
    cvs update: move away src/edu/sdsc/nbcr/opal/MemeOpalInput.java; it is in the way
    C src/edu/sdsc/nbcr/opal/MemeOpalInput.java
    cvs update: move away src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/ConfigXML.java; it is in the way
    C src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/ConfigXML.java
    cvs update: move away src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/exception/ElementNotFoundException.java; it is in the way
    C src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/exception/ElementNotFoundException.java
    cvs update: move away src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/exception/IndexTooLargeException.java; it is in the way
    C src/edu/ucsb/nceas/configxml/exception/IndexTooLargeException.java

    Error, CVS operation failed