[kepler-dev] Ptolemy.org domain name

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sat Jan 28 14:31:10 PST 2006

Matthew Brooke pointed out that the ptolemy.org domain name
was due to expire, so I put in a back order for it.

The domain has now expired and I received the following email
from our back order provider:

> ... have acquired the domain names listed below. Multiple
> back-orders were placed for these domain names. As a result, a brief
> auction will take place for each domain name to determine to whom the
> domain name will be awarded. The end times for these auctions are
> listed below and are approximate. Check on the last day of the auction
> to be sure of the end time. Note that if multiple equal bids are
> received, the first bidder wins the opening bid.

The auction ends in 2 days 21 hours.

It would appear that someone else backordered the domain, so if that
person is on ptresearch or kepler-dev, then I'd like to avoid getting
in to a bidding war :-)

My plan for the domain is to have UCB pay for it and then park it at
the same place we have:

http://www.ptolemyII.org
http://www.ptolemyII.com
http://www.hyvisual.org
http://www.hyvisual.com

So, if for some reason you are bidding on ptolemy.org, please contact
me so we can come to terms. :-)