[kepler-dev] semantics

Deana Pennington dpennington at lternet.edu
Thu Jan 19 08:32:01 PST 2006

I'm working on the Getting Started with Kepler document that Sam and
Laura started.  I'm trying to make it more generic, less specific to
ecology since other sciences are now heavily represented as well.  I
think it's time to settle on a generic term for the Grid being accessed
from within Kepler, subsets of which can always use more specific terms
(e.g. EcoGrid).  My suggestion would be to go with something simple like
Science Grid, or SciGrid.  Thoughts?  Are there other terms that we need
to resolve before the documentation effort gets going in full force?

Deana

--
********

Deana D. Pennington, PhD
Long-term Ecological Research Network Office

UNM Biology Department
MSC03  2020
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001