[kepler-dev] Icons in the *DataSource actors

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Mon Jan 9 13:29:02 PST 2006

Before I make a recommendation I'd like to understand what "states" these
icons have to display?

And it does seem a bit unusual to me to have processes doing something when
the user hasn't instructed the workflow to execute.  But I'm not familiar
with these specific actors or the specific workflow you are referencing.

Is it some kind of polling thing?

On a general note, I pretty much agree with Matthew's suggestion of having
the icons fit in with the general scheme then doing something else to
indicate state changes (highlighting, superimposing, putting some symbol
above or below that indicates state change etc.)  There are a variety of
ways we might do this.

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office