[kepler-dev] GriddLeS Actors missing from screen...

jagan Jagan.Kommineni at infotech.monash.edu.au
Mon Jan 2 20:47:01 PST 2006

Hello Chad,

        I have changed the contents of
"configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/ontologies/keplerActorOntology.owl" to
make all the griddles actors
in a griddles folder  which is under  Actors folders. I have also added
one subfolder named "gridlets folder" to the "griddles" folder to store
actors when created by  JGridletActor at runtime. I have updated the
contents in cvs repository.

        With the previous version (before kar), I was able to create and
see the dynamically created actors. I have used the following
methodology to create actors dynamically,

      GriddlesExec wss = null;
      KeplerLocalLSIDService service = KeplerLocalLSIDService.instance();
      AnnotationEngine engine =
AnnotationEngine.instance();
      _actorNameStr = actorName.getExpression();

      wss = new GriddlesExec(new EntityLibrary(),
_actorNameStr);

      String
keyLSID="urn:lsid:localhost:"+_actorNameStr+":LOCALID0";
      Iterator lsidIter = service.getLSIDFor(wss);
      boolean isUpdated=false;
      while (lsidIter.hasNext()) {
    String nextLSID = (String) lsidIter.next();
        if(keyLSID.equals(nextLSID)) {
      service.updateLSID(nextLSID, wss);
      engine.addActorAnnotation(nextLSID, "PreConfiguredGridletActor");
      System.out.println("UPDATE: " + nextLSID);
          isUpdated=true;
          break;
          }
    }
      if(!(isUpdated)) {
        String newLSID =
service.createLocallyUniqueLSID(_actorNameStr);
        service.assignLSID(newLSID, wss);
    engine.addActorAnnotation(newLSID, "PreConfiguredGridletActor");
    System.out.println("NEW: " + newLSID);
        }
      service.commitChanges();

The full code is available in cvs repository at
"$KEPLER/src/org/monash/griddles/JGridletCreater.java"
I am getting a null pointer exeception. Could you mind to advise me
whether I can able to use this approach for creating actors dynamically.
This step is very crucial for GriddLeS actors to work with in Kepler
environment. Any sugestions please.

with regards,

Jagan Kommineni