[kepler-dev] Token.toString method(s)

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Sun Feb 26 10:54:57 PST 2006

At 01:07 AM 2/26/2006, Christopher Brooks wrote:
>One issue here is that it would be nice if when we
>have a DoubleMatrix that has a nil value, then if
>we print it out and then read it back in with an
>ExpressionReader, then we get the same matrix with
>a nil value.  This points to printing nil as nil
>not NaN.  So, we will need to keep a list of which
>elements are nil. We probably want something fast,
>like an ArrayList here, which as roughly O(n) time for
>adds,  The ArrayList docs say:

I hope this can be done in a way that doesn't
introduce overhead when nil is not in use (the
common case).  The intent of matrix tokens (vs.
array tokens) is to maximize efficiency of numerical
operations...

Edward

Edward A. Lee
Professor, Chair of the EE Division, Associate Chair of EECS
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0253 or 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal