[kepler-dev] logging question

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 21 11:48:40 PST 2006

Hi Norbert -

We're trying to encourage everyone to use Log4J instead of System.out or
System.err, since this allows each developer to filter out everyone
else's debugging pretty easily and concentrate on their own stuff among
the "noise"

So you don't need to be clairvoyant in order to work out how to use it,
I have added documentation to a new page on the Wiki:

http://kepler-project.org/Wiki.jsp?page=KeplerLogging

(this is also linked from the "for developers->developer documentation"
page)

let me know if any of it is unclear or any info is missing

thanks

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu