[kepler-dev] Splash screen and corresponding changes

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Mon Feb 13 15:00:52 PST 2006

As a follow up, the second experiment of putting selected lines from
_createEmptyConfiguration() into invokeLater() calls also helped out
greatly.  I cannot inherit the VergilApplication and reimplement the
_createEmptyConfiguration( ) method because of some critical private
data members (configuration for one).

After a few more hours of hacking we'll probably end up with all the
splash functionality in VergilApplication itself.  This does have at
least one added benefit because VergilApplication will know exactly when
to bring the splash down so there will be no need for a timer.  I don't
feel completely comfortable with the work I'm doing now because I don't
really understand the deeper Ptolemy/Vergil issues and don't have access
to all the test cases.  Christopher, if you can, I'd like to leave this
in your court to finish.

Kevin