[kepler-dev] Splash screen and corresponding changes

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Mon Feb 13 09:14:05 PST 2006

I wasn't completely clear, but KeplerApplication is not a class as much
as a main() container.  KeplerApplication has no functionality unto
itself.  It possesses a single main() method which kicks off the Splash,
then forwards all the arguments on to VergilApplication.

Off hand, I don't know if subclassing MoMLApplication (or any of the
others) is really necessary.  For the added functionality I eluded to
down below, I was only thinking of manipulating the args and passing on
to the main() in the proper MoMLApplication implementation.

One big benefit I have found of having KeplerApplication control the
splash display is the splash is not displayed when running ptexecute.
So the mechanism we were using to execute in batch mode does not
necessarily clutter the display with a bunch of windows.  If I could
magically get the splash to work in KeplerInitializer, then it would be
displayed in both PtExecuteApplication and VergilApplication (and any
other MoMLApplication derived startup).

Kevin