[kepler-dev] Kepler-dev at ecoinformatics.org

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Tue Aug 15 09:30:25 PDT 2006

Hello Lance,

The secret is buried in   configs/ptolemy/configs/kepler/ontologies
The actor tree is defined by the ontology_catalog.xml file, which
lists different ontologies (that are located in the same directory).

Currently, the ontology defined in keplerActorOntology.owl is commented
out in the catalog, therefore, HelloWorld's ontology definition does not
fit into any ontology taken into consideration.

<property name="semanticType00" value="urn:lsid:localhost:onto:1:1#ConstantActor" class="org.kepler.sms.SemanticType"/>
The onto:1:1 points to the ontology defined in keplerActorOntology.owl.
You can define, however, as many property for your actor, as you like.

E.g.
<property name="semanticType11" value="urn:lsid:localhost:onto:2:1#GeneralPurpose" class="org.kepler.sms.SemanticType"/>
points to the ontology defined in kepler-component.owl, and you would find
your actor in the "General Purpose" branch.

So your options:
1. uncomment keplerActorOntology.owl in the catalog
2. define other types for your actor

Best regards
Norbert,
PS: I am not an expert, just a user of those ontologies.

--

      Norbert Podhorszki
      pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu