[kepler-dev] remote display of Kepler & drag&drop

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Apr 25 11:25:35 PDT 2006

is the remote machine a Mac, by any chance?

I saw this behavior about a month ago, remotely accessing a mac (using
VNC over SSH), and was seeing Java errors that I have never seen before
(or since), which had something to do with the display environment and
the Apple JVM (I didn't copy the error for posterity, unfortunately).
Google didn't shed any light on the issue, and then subsequently, the
problem went away as mysteriously as it started.

In conclusion, I can't offer any helpful advice, but thought a little
empathy might help :-)

I'd be interested to hear if it *is* OS X, and if you get any java
errors showing up in the command window

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu