[kepler-dev] remote display of Kepler & drag&drop

Norbert Podhorszki pnorbert at cs.ucdavis.edu
Tue Apr 25 11:18:22 PDT 2006

Hi,

I am trying to use Kepler on a very remote machine, going in with ssh -X
(through an intermediate machine).
In such extremely awfully unbearably slow circumstances, dragging the
actors from the tree to the display does not work.
Had anyone such experience? Is this kepler specific, or java awt issue?
Dragging the actors of a workflow on the screen works - although there is
no one in the world who can wait for it, except me.

In a similar silly testing - going to a remote machine and come back using
ssh -X  - running kepler on my own machine behaves similarly. However, the
dragging looks like working: the icon of dragging appears on screen. But
the drop part does not work.

Any idea, how to use Kepler remotely?

Thanks
Norbert