[kepler-dev] Documentation display in Kepler

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Mon Apr 24 18:05:52 PDT 2006

Hi Zhijie,

To get javadoc for the devel version, try
(cd $PTII; ./configure; cd doc; make)

http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII5.0/ptII5.0.1/doc/codeDoc/
ptolemy/kernel/util/AbstractSettableAttribute.html
is for Ptolemy II 5.0.1, which is not the devel version.

The javadoc from the nightly build is available on
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemy/src/ptII/doc/codeDoc/index.html
but I make no guarantees that that URL is always present.

The main nightly build page is
http://chess.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptexternal/nightly/index.htm

I encourage you to run javadoc on your local tree.

The ant build-ptolemy.xml file also will run javadoc.

_Christopher

--------

    Hi Edward,

    Do we have a similar function to set the display name of a port, like
    TypedIOPort?

    I finally figured out by reading the source code that the
    setDisplayName() function is implemented in AbstractSettableAttribute
    class. But I did not see the function definition in the JavaDoc of
    that class. I use the JavaDoc of ptII5.0.1 at http://
    ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/ptolemyII/ptII5.0/ptII5.0.1/doc/codeDoc/
    ptolemy/kernel/util/AbstractSettableAttribute.html

    Do we have a newer JavaDoc for ptII?

    Thanks!

    Zhijie