[kepler-dev] Ecogrid Web Services

David Sledge dsledge at lternet.edu
Thu Apr 20 09:22:22 PDT 2006

Going by the file lib/config.xml the endpoint URL for Metacat is
<http://ecogrid.ecoinformatics.org/knb/services/EcoGridQuery>.

Yesterday, I tried using Kepler on my home computer and I a little more
insight into the problem.  I changed a line in the log4j.properties file
on my work machine from:

log4j.rootLogger=WARN, CONSOLE, R

to:

log4j.rootLogger=DEBUG, R

so I could see if kepler was able to download EML metadata help figure
out why the webapp could not.  At home I forgot to make the change to
log4j.properties, and I was able to download the metadata just fine.  Of
course when I looked in the Kepler logs, I realized I forgot the change,
so I changed the file to match my work machine.  When I ran Kepler
again, I got the exception.

This morning I changed the log4j.properties file on my work machine back
to logging warnings (but not to the console), and predictably I was able
to download Metadata.

David