[kepler-dev] adding user login interface to Vergil

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Sep 13 12:56:06 PDT 2005

Hi Laura,

Laura L. Downey wrote:
> Just trying to think of a way that a user knows what they have access to at
> a high level -- like saying you have access to this server and that server
> which means all the various data items on those servers.

Well, having authenticated to a domain (aka ~server) implies nothing
about whether a user may or may not have access to the objects on that
or related  servers.  So saying a user has been "authenticated" to a
server (which we can list) tells us nothing about what they have access
to on that server.  So we can not generate even a high-level list of
resources they can access.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara