[kepler-dev] adding user login interface to Vergil

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Tue Sep 13 12:08:35 PDT 2005

Just as a quick note, a Web browser is one example of a system in which
you don't log in at startup, but instead login occurs "at the source of
contact," i.e., when a particular application/web page is started. Note
also that there is some notion of multiple login accounts (stored
locally), certificate management, etc.

A similar "modality" could also be employed in Kepler (although I'm not
advocating either approach, just throwing it out there).

-shawn