[kepler-dev] handling layer events

Chad Berkley berkley at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 18 15:30:47 PDT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to enable the canvas to allow a user to drag an actor from
the canvas back to the actor library.  I've got the drag n' drop
working, except that I can't seem to figure out how to get a
reference to the NamedObj that implements the diva Figure on the
canvas.  I have a reference to the Figure and also a reference to the
root model itself, but how do I get a reference to the NamedObj that
the Figure represents?  I'm working within the confines of
BasicGraphFrame and the LayerAdapter that is implemented there.  My
question is, how do I reconcile a Figure with a NamedObj so that when
I drop the actor (or director or whatever) onto the actor library, i
can process the actual ptolemy object instead of the diva object?

thanks,
chad