[kepler-dev] actors with token rate via parameter

Shawn Bowers sbowers at ucdavis.edu
Wed Nov 23 05:54:22 PST 2005

Bertram,

The token production and consumption rate are defined as *parameters*
on a port (which is different than a "portparameter").

Therefore, you can already view these parameters, if a port has them.

Simply use the kepler/ptolemy gui, find an actor that has a token
consumption/production rate assigned (e.g., the merge actor I wrote
recently sets this rate programatically), right click on the port in
vergil, and select the configure item.  This will show you the port's
configuration parameters, including tokenConsumptionRate, etc., which
you can then set.

Of course changing the rate is probably a bad idea.

-shawn