[kepler-dev] cache file name

Jing Tao tao at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Nov 15 13:09:28 PST 2005

Hi devs:

Just now Dan and I found a bug for cache file name. Currently after
download a doc, the cache manager will assign it a name. The name come
from download time (by milli seconds) with file extension ".dat". It
worked fine for a while.

But dan got a fast machine, then issues came out: it seems when he tried
to open a workflow (there are 10 data resource actors there), two
documents can be download at exactly same time and manager assigned same
cache file name to them. One will overwrite another one. Two different
data source will point to same chache file.

I think we should need another mechanism to assign cache file name.

Thanks,

Jing

Jing Tao
National Center for Ecological