[kepler-dev] [kepler-cvs] kepler/lib/jar/jwsdp xalan.jar xercesImpl.jar

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Tue Nov 8 10:19:34 PST 2005

Jagan,

The jwsdp xercesImpl.jar and xalan.jar have been repackaged by sun.
Every class is packaged in com.sun.org.apache.*.  This means that those
classes cannot conflict with standard distributions of xercesImpl.jar
and xalan.jar.  This is both good and bad.  It's good (for us) because
it means they can be included with standard versions of these jars
without conflict.  It's bad because it ends up causing code bloat.  For
the life of me I don't understand why sun insists on doing this.

You can commit them to the lib/jar/jwsdp and rest assured that these
copies do not conflict with the three other versions of xercesImpl.jar
or the other version of xalan.jar which are already in the repository.

Chad,

I have put the build system changes on hold until we can figure out a
way out of this mess.  The current kar system does not provide any
mechanism to provide for multiple implementations of the same
package/class.  There are not changes we can make to the build system to
provide this without corresponding changes to the Kepler classloading
dilemma.  About all we can do, right now, is remove the duplicated jars,
build/test/test/test, and be very strict about changing jars in the
repository.

Kevin