[kepler-dev] Simple Search

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Nov 7 10:29:18 PST 2005

Matt -

I've already implemented it and looked at it under OS X - works fine.
The version in CVS has the code to render all 5 buttons, but it's
commented out until (a) we make a decision about how to move forward,
and (b) we implement the dialogs that the other buttons bring up

Matt Jones wrote:
> Laura,
>
> One issue we frequently encounter with the GUI layout is different
> default font choices on different platforms.  Up until now we have
> followed the system look and feel, and on MacOS that generally requires
> more space than on Windows.  I noticed your screen prototypes typically
> use Windows layout conventions -- you might want to try it under a MacOS
> look and feel to be sure it all still fits.
>
> Matt
>
> Laura L. Downey wrote:
>> As to having room for a cancel button, yes I think we will be just fine in
>> that regard.  I've also been thinking of a way to hide the left tabbed
>> section if the user desires so that a majority of the screen real estate can
>> be used to display more of the workflow.  I think I filed a bug on that a
>> while back.  And also Ferdinando just recently was commenting to me about
>> possible similar functionality.

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu