[kepler-dev] Simple Search

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Fri Nov 4 08:16:54 PST 2005

>>> On Fri, 4 Nov 2005 07:26:24 -0800 (PST)
>>> Shawn Bowers <sbowers at ucdavis.edu> wrote:
SB>
SB> Reset in google is called the "back" button in your web browser.  My point

but I think there is a difference in functionality: if you hit 'back'
then the server might still be choking on your previous request ;-)
In contrast, 'reset' would actively reset something somehwhere (I
suppose)

SB> is that the naming of buttons seems fairly inconsistent and over
SB> redundant.  It is also unusual to have five buttons for "quick search".

I agree with the latter. 5 buttons for quick search is probably 3 too
many or so.. maybe just search and advanced search?