[kepler-dev] Simple Search

Matthew Brooke brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu
Thu Nov 3 13:55:11 PST 2005

Hi Laura -

Yep - I agree with you on the necessity for the cancel button, but I was
sure I'd read/heard some discussion that there would be major issues in
implementing it.

Can anyone else on the list help out on this? Does it ring any bells? Or
has senility finally caught up with me?

Laura L. Downey wrote:
> See below....
>
> Laura

>>> Reset
>>> Cancel
>>> Source
>>>
>>> So no I don't recommend that we get rid of the Reset button.  This is
>>> something that came directly out of some simple user testing in which the
>>> users couldn't reset things back to the original "browse" or pre-search
>> view
>>> that Chad mentions.
>>>
>>> Laura L. Downey
>>> Senior Usability Engineer
>>> LTER Network Office
>>> Department of Biology, MSC03 2020
>>> 1 University of New Mexico
>>> Albuquerque, NM  87131-0001
>>> 505.277.3157 phone
>>> 505.277-2541 fax
>>> ldowney at lternet.edu

Matthew Brooke, Ph.D.
Marine Sciences Research Building, Room #3407
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA  93106-6150
ph: (805) 893-7108   fx: 805-893-8062
brooke at nceas.ucsb.edu