[kepler-dev] Combining the CommandLine and Exec actors

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at sdsc.edu
Sun Jun 26 03:43:49 PDT 2005

Bilsay:

For the benefit of all those CommandLine and Exec actor fans, maybe
you could send a brief summary of the new actor's interface and
workings.  (I just sent a similar suggestion in a separate email to
Ilkay, but since you had your hands on this particular code recently,
you might have that handy already ;-).  Or else, if that's part of the
documentation one gets when checking out the latest Kepler code,
that's fine too (although I won't be able to do that until I get my
laptop plugged into the internet again..)

If I remember right, as part of the standard Kepler documentation
framework, there are provisions for some concise documentation in the
style of man pages. Sending that information around might be a good
"advertisement" for new general-purpose actors.

To see what I mean, type in your Linux or Unix or Cygwin shell:

$ man cp
(this shows the man(ual) page of the 'cp' (=copy) command)

or for another variant type

$ cp --help

you might also want to try

$ man man