[kepler-dev] Build Script Suggestion

Laura L. Downey ldowney at lternet.edu
Fri Jun 10 07:42:52 PDT 2005

>From a usability perspective, anything that makes it easier for users to get
up and running is a good idea.  In the commercial world, when products are
hard to install and configure, oftentimes users just give up and don't
install or the product sits on the shelf and is never used because they
couldn't get it configured properly.  In either case the really good
features of a hard-to-install or hard-to-configure product are not
appreciated and/or improved upon.

As we go forward with getting more and more scientists to adopt Kepler as a
premier scientific workflow system, I think it is critical that Kepler is
easy to download, install and configure.

Laura L. Downey
Senior Usability Engineer
LTER Network Office
Department of Biology, MSC03 2020