[kepler-dev] Dynamicalling adding properties (attributes) to the relation ......

jagan Jagan.Kommineni at infotech.monash.edu.au
Thu Jun 2 17:43:23 PDT 2005

Hello Edward,

I have made the following changes  for creating property to the relation
and  I worked before, and it not working now,
Could you mind to advise please?.

1.  I did subclass  the TpedCompisiteActor and  I have overridden
newRelation method which is as floows,

package griddles;

//// JTypedCompositeActor

public class JTypedCompositeActor extends TypedCompositeActor{

  public JTypedCompositeActor() {
    super();

    }

  public JTypedCompositeActor(Workspace workspace) {
    super(workspace);

    }

  public JTypedCompositeActor(CompositeEntity container, String name)
        throws IllegalActionException, NameDuplicationException {
    super(container, name);

    }

  public ComponentRelation newRelation(String name) throws
NameDuplicationException {
    try {
      workspace().getWriteAccess();
      TypedIORelation relation = new TypedIORelation(this, name);
      StringParameter param = new StringParameter(this, name);
      param.setExpression("Enter "+name);
     return relation;
      }
    catch (IllegalActionException ex) {
      // This exception should not occur, so we throw a runtime
      // exception.
      throw new InternalErrorException(this, ex, null);
      }
    finally {
      workspace().doneWriting();
      }
    }
  }

2. I made the following changes to the configuration file,
basicKeplerActorLibrary.xml

    <entity name="Composite Actor" class="griddles.JTypedCompositeActor">
      <property name="entityId"
class="org.ecoinformatics.seek.util.NamedObjId"
value="urn:lsid:ecoinformatics.org:kepler.118.1"/>
    </entity>

3. I checked the new configuration file that was loaded while running
kepler has loaded the updated configuration file,
[java] *sys-package-mgr*: processing modified jar,
'C:\kepler\build\kepler-configs.jar'.

4. When I connect two actors with a relation, I am not able see any new
property that was created in the JTypedCompositeActor.
5. Whereas when I do same thing few months back I was able to see
property when ever I create new relation.

with regards,

Jagan Kommineni