[kepler-dev] stack overflow problem in some kepler

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Sun Jul 24 17:20:53 PDT 2005

Christopher and Edward,

    I did some additonal checks of my own and get some confusing results
compared to yours!  I looked at Efrat's moml example (testIcon.xml) and
noted that the path to her xslt.jpg is kepler-specific, as are several
properties. I revised it (see attached 'testIcon1.xml') so that that the
referenced jpg is assumed in the same directory as the moml file. I then
tried opening testIcon1.xml from Ptolemy II version 5.0 (just downloaded
from the Ptolemy web site). And the workflow opens up just fine! (see
image below). If the path to the jpg is incorrect (i.e. to a location
that does not contain the jpg) then I get the stack overflow error (with
the released version of PT5).  This would seem to indicate that there is
nothing wrong with the jpg itself and java can read and display the
sample jpg file in at least some circumstances.

     Plaes let me know it you can open the attached testIcon1.xml when
the jpg is in the same directory as the moml file.

Dan

from PTII version 5