[kepler-dev] How do I create nested loops in Kepler

Christopher Brooks cxh at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Jul 7 09:34:19 PDT 2005

I looked on line, and the reference is from a chapter from a
book that is not scanned in anywhere, the detail are below:

VLSI signal processing, III / edited by Robert W. Brodersen, Howard
  S. Moscovitz.
Publisher New York : IEEE Press, c1988.
Description xi, 536 p. : ill. ; 24 cm.
Note: "The chapters in this book are based on presentations given at
  the IEEE Acoustics, Speech, and Signal Processing Society Workshop on
  VLSI Signal Processing held November 2-4, 1988 at the Monterey Plaza
  Hotel, Monterey, California."
 "Published under the sponsorship of the IEEE Acoustics, Speech, and
 Signal Processing Society."
Note: Includes bibliographies and index.
ISBN 0879422483

It looks like the UCSB library might have it.
UCSB:Main Lib TK5102.5.V563 1988 Annex  not checked out

UCLA also has it, but the UCB and UCD libraries do not.

Edward probably has a copy in his library.  I won't be on campus until
next week, but I'll see if Mary can dig it up in the meantime.

_Christopher

--------

    Edward:

    This is very interesting and I'd like to get a hold of it.
    Maybe one of your students could scan it and creat a PDF version!?

    Also, in reply to Dan's comment:

     > >I've tried various ways using Ramp actors and Composite actors but
     > >cannot seem to get this simple case to work.

    I guess that this is not as simple a case as one might wish (in simple
    dataflow and/or block diagram languages).. just like doing procedural
    loops in functional or logic programming is tricky (and one has to use
    recursive patterns instead)

    Probably Edward's paper will be very instructive in dealing with these
    issues. Also, I think there are nice new opportunities for doing
    procedural stuff nicely in Kepler by using Ptolemy's state machines...

    Bertram