[kepler-dev] Re: question on icon files in kepler

Matt Jones jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
Mon Jan 24 09:14:54 PST 2005

Hi Laura,

Icons and SVG for ptolemy are described in detail in "Heterogeneous
Concurrent Modeling and Design in Java", which is the ptolemy design
document and is available here:
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/papers/04/ptIIDesignIntro/ptIIdesign1-intro.pdf

See section 5.7 for details on icons for actors, and in particular,
Table 5.14 that lists the supported SVG primitives.

As these are scalable graphics, you only really need one version.  The
trick is to be sure text is legible even when scaled down to a small
size (as when it is displayed in the left hand tree).

The toolbar icons are gif images.  You can get a copy of the current
versions from the Ptolemy source distribution, located at
"$PTII/ptolemy/vergil/basic/img".

At our meeting last week, we decided Rod would work with you on much of
the GUI stuff, but could you begin posting emails to kepler-dev instead
of to me or Rod personally so that all kepler developers will be
appraised of your efforts and direction as you proceed?  Thanks.

Matt

Matt Jones                                     jones at nceas.ucsb.edu
University of California Santa Barbara