[kepler-dev] Ptolemy Miniconference, May 12, 2005, UC Berkeley

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Wed Feb 16 16:41:40 PST 2005

The Sixth Biennial Ptolemy Miniconference will be held on Thursday, May
12, 2005 at the Soda Hall HP Auditorium on the University of California
campus, Berkeley, California. The Ptolemy project is described at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu. It studies modeling, simulation, and
design of concurrent, real-time, embedded systems. The focus is on
assembly of concurrent components.

The Ptolemy Miniconference is an opportunity for research collaborators
and Ptolemy users and extenders from industry, academia, and government
to get together, present their work to the Ptolemy community, and hear
about related research and results. It is typically held every two
years.

This year, we have invited the Kepler community to jointly organize the
conference, under the leadership of Bertram Ludaescher, and to give
presentations and posters. Kepler (http://kepler-project.org) is a
cross-project collaboration to develop open source tools for Scientific
Workflows and is currently based on the Ptolemy II system for
heterogeneous concurrent modeling and design. We have also invited
David Bacon from IBM to give an invited talk on real-time Java. David
is one of the world's top experts in this area.

The program is in the process of being developed. In the past we have
had presentations and posters from organizations worldwide, plus
members of the Ptolemy project describing current research at Berkeley.
We expect topics to include:

      * Ptolemy project Status
      * Overview of the Kepler project
      * Real time Java
      * Applications to scientific workflows
      * Hybrid systems modeling
      * Modeling and design of sensor networks
      * Distributed models
      * Code generation
      * Configurable hardware design
      * Modeling and design of large-scale network services
If you have suggestions for posters and presentations, please send them
to Bertram Ludaescher (ludaesch at ucdavis.edu), and/or Edward A. Lee
(eal at eecs.berkeley.edu)

The conference website at
http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/conferences/05/
includes registration and hotel information.

Edward A. Lee
Professor, Chair of the EE Division, Associate Chair of EECS
231 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0253 or 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2845
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal