[kepler-dev] Re: Kepler installation problem (red hat)

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Feb 15 10:32:59 PST 2005

Hi,
    I reproduced the described problem running ./kepler.sh on Mac and
discovered that the problem was due to a mistake in the path of some
command line parameters. Please check the 'kepler.sh' file. The line for
launching kepler is

java -Xmx512m -Xss5m -DKEPLER=/Applications/Kepler -DDBGPRN=0
-Djava.endorsed.dirs=/Applications/Kepler/lib/jar/apache
ptolemy.vergil.VergilApplication -kepler

The -DKEPLER parameter should point to the directory where kepler is
installed. In my case, it should have been
-DKEPLER=/Applications/kepler-1.0.0alpha4. Similarly, the
-Djava.endorsed.dirs should start with the actual path to the kepler
dir. These 2 parameters are apparently not getting set correctly. Please
check on your Linux system and see if the setting are incorrect. If so,
please try correcting and let me know if that solves your problem

Dan Higgins

Carlos A. Rueda wrote:

> I guess the CVS co is the next step to try, and we understand
> we need to ask for a read-only account. Can we have two for:
>    haiyan
>    carueda
> ?
>
> Thanks
> carlos
>

> Chad Berkley wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Are you running this from the release version or from a CVS checkout?
>> What OS are you running it under?
>>
>> chad
>>
>> Haiyan Yang wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, all,
>>>
>>> After I typed "./kepler.sh", I got one line:
>>> Opening user library /home/haiyan/.ptolemyII/UserLibrary.xml... Done
>>>
>>> A window poped up with title "Kepler: A System for Scientific
>>> Workflows".
>>> Nothing continued from there.  If I click a link in the popup
>>> window, say,
>>> ENM(CARP) WORKFLOWS, another window poped up with title "Ecological
>>> Niche
>>> Modeling (GARP) Workflows".  I then clicked the first link "Baseline

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195