[kepler-dev] Memory Useage

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Wed Dec 21 13:58:35 PST 2005

What I mean about the database is we can store just enough information
in there to support the library views and searching.  I don't exactly
what information would be required but something like:  Name,
categorization, little icon assignment, lsid, more data?.  I was
thinking something even lighter weight than the ActorMetadata proxy
object you mention but in any case it would certainly be smaller than
the current ActorMetadata.

Right now I don't have hard numbers on the total memory requirements for
each entry in ActorMetadata.  I'll see if I can't convince the standard
java profiling tools to hand this over to me.

Kevin