[kepler-dev] Memory Useage

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Wed Dec 21 09:06:35 PST 2005

Hi All,

    Kevin and Christopher have had several emails on memoery leaks in
Kepler. Even when we get the leaks fixed, I am seeing another memory
issue - memory useage.. I am now getting some java 'out of memeory'
errors on some workflows on a 512M Windows machine. I think we really
would like to have Kepler run on a machine with 512MB of RAM, so we
should do some thinking  about reducing memory use. The most obvious
solution I can think of is to avoid loading all actor into memory at
program startup.

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-893-5127
National Center for Ecological Analysis and Synthesis (NCEAS) Marine Science Building - Room 3405
Santa Barbara, CA 93195