[kepler-dev] The next largest...Re: Memory leak.

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Wed Dec 21 07:56:15 PST 2005

The next largest items which I have questions about are 3 or more
int[].  They are each >800k and I believe they are the pretty graphic
images which appear in the root window (is there a name for this
thing?).  The stack dumps are truncated so I only know they are somehow
related to JPEG images. I commented out the big table of .jpgs from
intro.html and they went away.

I don't know if they are really leaks since the graphics must be
displayed.  I did check the filesizes and they are all <50k or so.
Except for Roadnet and EOL, they are all pretty close to the rendered
size of 100x50.  The interesting thing, a 24bit 100x50 image is only 15k
uncompressed so I'm confused why java appears to allocate so much space.

I don't know where the html is rendered so I can't tell if there is
something wacky there.

Kevin