[kepler-dev] Switch from DebugPrinter to commons-logging.

Kevin Ruland kruland at ku.edu
Tue Dec 20 14:39:03 PST 2005

Hi all,

What are people's opinions of removing all instances of DebugPrinter and
replacing them with commons-logging calls?  Commons logging is
significantly more controllable and provides much better diagnostics
(like method, line, thread, etc).

There are about 60 classes which currently use DebugPrinter.  I can have
them converted in a couple of hours.  Also, I can drop in new ecogrid
client jars which use commons-logging.  Then we will be much closer to
having a consistant and controllable diagnostics.

If nobody objects (too loudly),  I'll convert the classes tonight and
drop in the changes tomorrow.

Kevin