[kepler-dev] Problem for updating jars in Kepler

Zhijie Guan guan at sdsc.edu
Mon Dec 12 17:24:55 PST 2005

Hi,

I am currently working on a workflow which needs latest version of some
jars used in Kepler. I have tested that those new jars would break the
existing workflows in Kepler. So I don't want to update those jars. But my
workflow can only work with updated jars. How should we handle this jar
updating issue?

The workflow I am working on needs to use the GSI-enabled web service.
That web service needs the latest Java CoG Kit version 4 which is not
officially released. To make this workflow work in our Kepler, I need to
update the following jar files in $KEPLER/lib/jar (this is only the
minimum set):
cog-axis.jar
axis.jar
cog-jglobus.jar
jgss.jar
jce-jdk13-117.jar --> jce-jdk13-125.jar
puretls.jar

I know some workflows may not work with these new jars. At least the
standard web services used in Kepler won't work with them for sure. These
jars are not back-compatible. Do you have any idea how we should handle
it?

Thanks!

Zhijie