[kepler-dev] breaking off a kepler-docs repository

Bertram Ludaescher ludaesch at ucdavis.edu
Fri Aug 5 11:26:25 PDT 2005

Dan:

Good points! But here is where I thought the new KAR system (aka KSW)
and/or object manager would help: One could download and install an
(almost) empty Kepler release with as few actors as one likes. Actors
could then be dynamically loaded from the Kepler Actor Repository
(oops .. just overloaded KAR again ;-).

On a related note: I thought we were going in the direction where
directories don't matter much (a single directory a la CP/M will do ;-)
Instead we would have a single repository (call it directory if you
like) but we can have multiple views (aka indexes) on it. Those
views/indexes are based on the actor annotations (e.g. what project
it's from, what scientific domain it might apply to, and most
importantly what overall function it performs.. we can get some
guidance from OWL-S here..)

Bertram