[kepler-dev] breaking off a kepler-docs repository

Carlos A. Rueda carueda at ucdavis.edu
Thu Aug 4 17:27:24 PDT 2005

Dear kepler-ers,
I think having the two modules kepler/pubs and kepler/dev is a very
good idea.  In fact (knowing that the current KSW efforts might
supersede the following suggestion somehow), I would suggest even go
further and split up the /dev module into submodules corresponding to
projects, something like:
    kepler/dev/core
    kepler/dev/projA
    kepler/dev/projB

with each component (submodule) coming with its own build files
(build.xml, properties, etc.) and dependencies only on those other
required modules.

Developer-users would be able to check out only the desired
components. This way one can avoid dealing always with the "heavy"
kepler and instead work with the minimum set of components required to
try and test new developments.

carlos