[kepler-dev] What is this?

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Fri Oct 15 05:23:31 PDT 2004

At 01:29 PM 10/14/2004 -0700, Ilkay Altintas wrote:
>The problem is, since attributeChanged is being called
>everytime I update the operation names, or in the constructor, etc..
>So when I save and reopen the test workflows, all the link to
>the configured actor is gone because the ports have been
>renewed.

Even if you fix this, I think that deleting ports is risky because
it discards user data.  Perhaps a reasonable compromise would be to
delete a port only if the newly selected service does not require
a port with the same name... This way, if you switch services
but they have common port names, you don't lose connections...

Edward

Edward A. Lee, Professor
518 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2739
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal