[kepler-dev] Significant Checkin
rods at ku.edu
Wed Oct 13 13:48:31 PDT 2004
NOTE: You need to update:
(Ok, it would be best if you update the entire tree just to make sure)
Search times have increased dramatically in Kepler now that the
DarwinCore DataSource has been added.
I added a temporary combobox in the Search tab that enables you to
select whether you want to search "Ecological" data (EML), or "Museum"
At the moment you the DarwinCore DataSource talks to a portal that
search 10 different providers, hence the long search times.
Since the UI was "hung" during this time, this afternoon I made the
search asynchronous, added a progress bar to the bottom of the search
panel, and disabled the UI during the search. Now, at least we have some
UI feedback during the search.
Let me know if you have any problems, I need quite a bit of testing, but
you never know when doing asynchronous things.
More information about the Kepler-dev