[kepler-dev] BinaryFileReader

Dan Higgins higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
Tue Oct 12 11:02:25 PDT 2004

Hi Efrat,
    I was looking into using your BinaryFileReader actor to read a
binary URL (i.e. something like
"http://www.nceas.uscb.edu/~higgins/garp/world.dxl"). Reading a remote
http URL works fine with the PTII FileReader actor but it won't handle
binary files. Are you aware of this?

    I am interested because I was looking into using a workflow to load
additional data for kepler; e.g. GARP example data. If we could simply
load binary files from http servers in a workflow, we might be able to
make the kepler installer smaller and more robust.

Dan

Dan Higgins                                  higgins at nceas.ucsb.edu
http://www.nceas.ucsb.edu/    Ph: 805-892-2531
735 State Street - Room 205