[kepler-dev] FilePortParameter added

Edward A. Lee eal at eecs.berkeley.edu
Thu Nov 25 12:40:00 PST 2004

I've checked into the Ptolemy II repository an implementation
of a FilePortParameter, available in Utilities->Parameters,
and also available for use in custom actors.

Like FileParameter, this parameter is used for selecting
files or URLs.  Unlike FileParameter, it has an associated
input port with type string that can be used to feed it
multiple file or URL values.

I've checked in a test to:

   $PTII/ptolemy/domains/sdf/test/auto/filePortParameter.xml

However, the test fails because final Return characters are not
getting properly handled.  Christopher: Can you take a look?
Also, the test doesn't seem to be in the right place,
but I couldn't figure out where to put it... Suggestions?

There is a demo (which does work) in:

   $PTII/ptolemy/actor/lib/io/demo/FilePortParameter.xml

I also fixed a bug in DirectoryListing (used in the demo)
which was ignoring the pattern parameter, and added parameters
to this actor list list only files or directories.

Edward

Edward A. Lee, Professor
518 Cory Hall, UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720
phone: 510-642-0455, fax: 510-642-2718
eal at eecs.Berkeley.EDU, http://ptolemy.eecs.berkeley.edu/~eal